Penrose Check-In Services, LLC
Last Updated: December 11, 2018
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THIS AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION RIGHTS AS DETAILED IN SECTION 12.
- Please read these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms before using the Site or the Services. By using the Site or the Services, you hereby represent, warrant, understand, agree to and accept these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms in their entirety whether or not you register as a user of the Site or Services ("Registered Users").
- This Agreement contains an Agreement to Arbitrate, which will, with limited exception, require you to submit claims you have against Penrose Check-In Services to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate (see Section 13 "Agreement to Arbitrate") no later than 30 days after the date you first use the Penrose Check-In Services Site or Services, or by January 1, 2018, whichever is later. Unless you opt out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against Penrose Check-In Services on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action or proceeding, and (2) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.
- These Terms are subject to change by Penrose Check-In Services at any time, subject to the following notification process. We will notify you about material changes in these Terms by sending a notice to the email address registered in your account, or by placing a prominent notice on our Site, so that you can choose whether to continue using our Services. Material changes will go into effect no less than 30 days after we notify you. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately upon posting of the updated Terms on our Site. You should periodically check PenroseCheckIn.com/terms for updates. Any use of the Site or the Services by you after the effective date of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. These Terms supersede all prior versions of the Terms.
For purposes of these Terms, and except to the extent expressly excluded below, the "Site" shall mean PenroseCheckIn.com and any other websites, web pages, mobile applications and mobile websites operated by Penrose Check-In Services ("Penrose" or "we") in the United States, and the "Services" shall mean any of the various services that Penrose Check-In Services provides through the Site or any other channels.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES; LIMITATIONS; USER RESPONSIBILITIES
1.1 About Our Services
Penrose Check-In Services offers various Services to help its users find, coordinate, and maintain quality service. The Services we offer include, among others:
- We enable individuals seeking services and we enable individuals who provide services to post profiles on the Site and apply to jobs ("Service Providers").
- We provide search functionality on the Site to allow Service Seekers and individual Service Providers to narrow the pool of Service Seekers or Service Providers they are interested in meeting based on their needs and preferences.
- The Site enables Registered Users to communicate and share information with other Registered Users.
- We offer payment solutions to Service Providers via Paypal® using the email provided and on record. You agree to provide Penrose Check-In Services accurate and complete information about you, and you authorize Penrose Check-In Services to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by PayPal®.
Our Services continue to grow and change. Please refer to our Site for further information about the Services we provide..
1.2. Limitations of our Services
We offer a variety of Services to help our users find, coordinate, and maintain service for their families. However, we do not have control over the quality, timing, or legality of the services actually delivered by Service Providers, or of the integrity, responsibility or actions of Service Seekers or Service Providers and we neither refer or recommend Service Seekers or Service Providers nor make any representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, or accuracy of the services provided by Service Providers or the integrity, responsibility or actions of Service Seekers or Service Providers whether in public, private or offline interactions.
Service Seeker and Service Provider content is primarily user generated, and we do not control or vet user generated content for accuracy. Penrose Check-In Services does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by Service Providers or Service Seekers on or off this Site. We may offer certain Registered Users the opportunity to verify certain information such as their email address or cell phone number. If we indicate that a Registered User has verified certain information, it means that the user has complied with the process we have established for verifying such information. However, we do not guarantee, nor do we represent or warrant as to, the accuracy of such information.
Penrose Check-In Services is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any Service Seeker, Service Provider, or other user of the Site or Services. Moreover, Penrose Check-In Services does not assume and expressly disclaims any liability that may result from the use of information provided on our Site. All users, including both Service Seekers and Service Providers, hereby expressly agree not to hold Penrose Check-In Services (or Penrose Check-In Services's officers, directors, shareholders, employees, subsidiaries, other affiliates, successors, assignees, agents, representatives, advertisers, marketing partners, licensors, independent contractors, recruiters, corporate partners or resellers, hereinafter "Affiliates") liable for the actions or inactions of any Service Seeker, Service Provider or other third party or for any information, instruction, advice or services which originated through the Site, and, Penrose Check-In Services and its Affiliates expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any damage, suits, claims, and/or controversies that have arisen or may arise, whether known or unknown therefrom.
1.3. User Responsibilities
Any screening of a Service Seeker or Service Provider and his, her or its information by Penrose Check-In Services is limited and should not be taken as complete, accurate, up-to-date or conclusive of the individual's or entity's suitability as an employer or service provider.
- ELIGIBILITY TO USE THE SITE AND SERVICES
By requesting to use, registering to use and/or using the Site or the Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into these Terms and you commit to abide by all of the terms and conditions hereof. You also represent and warrant that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Our Services are available only to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. If you do not meet the above age requirements, do not register to use the Site or Services.
- The Site and the Services are currently available only to individuals who are legally in the United States or the territory of Puerto Rico.
- If you are registering to be a Service Provider, you must be permitted to legally work within the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Neither you nor any member of your household may have ever been (i) the subject of a complaint, restraining order or any other legal action involving, arrested for, charged with, or convicted of any felony, any criminal offense involving violence, abuse, neglect, fraud or larceny, or any offense that involves endangering the safety of others, dishonesty, negligence or drugs, or (ii) registered, or currently required to register, as a sex offender with any government entity.
- You must not be a competitor of Penrose Check-In Services or using our Services for reasons that are in competition with Penrose Check-In Services.
- RULES FOR USER CONDUCT AND USE OF SERVICES
3.1. Registration, Posting, and Content Restrictions
The following rules pertain to "Content", defined as any communications, images, sounds, videos, and all the material, data, and information that you upload or transmit through the Site or Services, or that other users upload or transmit, including without limitation any content, messages, photos, audios, videos, reviews or profiles that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post"). By posting any Content while using our Service, you agree, represent and warrant as follows:
- You are responsible for providing accurate, current and complete information in connection with your registration for use of the Site and the Services.
- You will register your account in your own legal name, even if you are seeking service for another individual or family member.
- Unless otherwise permitted by Penrose Check-In Services, all Content you post will be in English as the Site and Services generally are not supported in any other languages.
- You are solely responsible for any Content that you post on the Site, or transmit to other users of the Site. You will not post on the Site, or transmit to other users, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, defamatory, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity), or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse, or give the impression that any Content emanates from Penrose Check-In Services where this is not the case. You will not provide inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or false information to Penrose Check-In Services or to any other user of the Site, and all opinions stated as part of Content must be genuinely held. Without limiting the foregoing, you represent and warrant to us that you have the right and authority to post all information you post about yourself or others, including without limitation that you have authorization from a parent or guardian of any minor who is the subject of any Content you post to post such Content.
- You understand and agree that Penrose Check-In Services may, in its sole discretion, review, edit, and delete any Content, in each case in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of Penrose Check-In Services violates these Terms or which Penrose Check-In Services determines in its sole discretion might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users of the Site or others.
- You have the right, and hereby grant, to Penrose Check-In Services, its Affiliates, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, transferable, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute your Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You further represent and warrant that public posting and use of your Content by Penrose Check-In Services will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
- Your use of the Services, including but not limited to the Content you post on the Site, must be in accordance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Penrose Check-In Services is not responsible for any claims relating to any inaccurate, untimely or incomplete information provided by users of the Site.
- We welcome your feedback and questions about the Site and Services. However, you agree that any comments, ideas, messages, questions, suggestions, or other communications you send to us or share with us through any channel (including, without limitation, the Site, email, telephone, surveys, and our social media accounts) shall be and remain the exclusive property of Penrose Check-In Services and we may use all such communications, all without notice to, consent from, or compensation to you.
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available on the Site or through the Site, but not directly by Penrose Check-In Services, are those of their respective authors. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Penrose Check-In Services does not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site or available through the Service, or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party that appears on the Site or through the Service. Under no circumstances will Penrose Check-In Services or its Affiliates be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from: (a) your reliance on information or other content posted on the Site or transmitted to or by any user of the Site or Service; or (b) reviews or comments made about you on the Site by other users.
You agree that Penrose Check-In Services has no obligation to remove any reviews or other information posted on the Site about you or any other person or entity. If you disagree with a review, you may post one rebuttal to the review, provided your rebuttal complies with these Terms. You may not terminate your registration and re-register in order to prevent a review from being associated with your account. The author of a review can always remove or request removal of a review they have written.
Penrose Check-In Services disclaims any liability whatsoever for any misstatements and/or misrepresentations made by any users of the Site. Users hereby represent, understand and agree to hold Penrose Check-In Services harmless for any misstatements and/or misrepresentations made by or on behalf of them on this Site or in any other venue.
3.2. Exclusive Use
If you are a Service Seeker, you may use your account only to find service for yourself, your parents, your children, your grandchildren, individuals for whom you are otherwise the legal guardian or another Service Seeker with whom you are entering a shared child service arrangement. If you are a Service Provider, you may use your account only to find service jobs for yourself. You are responsible for all activity on and use of your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity.
3.3. Prohibited Uses
By using the Site or Services of Penrose Check-In Services, you agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- use the Site, Services, or any information contained therein in any way that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- use the Site or Services for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose, for any purpose not expressly intended by Penrose Check-In Services or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- harass, abuse or harm another person or group, or attempt to do so;
- use another user's Penrose Check-In Services account;
- provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account on Penrose Check-In Services, using the Services or communicating with other Registered Users;
- attempt to re-register with Penrose Check-In Services if we have terminated your account for any or no reason or terminate your registration and re-register in order to prevent a review from being associated with your account;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of Penrose Check-In Services's Services;
- make any automated use of the system, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data (whether manually or through automated means);
- use the communication systems provided by or contacts made on Penrose Check-In Services for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user's browser or computer.
In order to protect our users from prohibited activity, we reserve the right to take appropriate actions, including but not limited to restricting the amount of phone numbers a Service Seeker may view or the amount of emails a user may send in any 24-hour period to an amount which we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
Should Penrose Check-In Services find that you violated the terms of this Section or any terms stated herein, Penrose Check-In Services reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to immediately terminate your use of the Site and Services. By using the Site and/or Services, you agree that Penrose Check-In Services may assess, and you will be obligated to pay, $10,000 per each day that you: (i) maintain Service Provider or Service Seeker information (including but not limited to, names, addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses) or copyrighted material that you scraped (either directly or indirectly in a manual or automatic manner) from the Site, or (ii) otherwise mis-use or mis-appropriate Site Content, including but not limited to, use on a "mirrored", competitive, or third party site. This obligation shall be in addition to any other rights Penrose Check-In Services may have under these Terms or applicable law.
Further, in order to protect the integrity of the Site and the Services, Penrose Check-In Services reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block users from certain IP addresses from accessing the Site.
3.4. Penrose Check-In Services May Regularly Verify Your Identity and the Accuracy of Your Representations and Warranties
By registering as a Service Provider or Service Seeker, and, if applicable to you as a Service Provider, subject to your additional authorization, you authorize Penrose Check-In Services, and acknowledge that for purposes of promoting the safety and integrity of its Site and Service, Penrose Check-In Services reserves the right, but not the obligation, to utilize third party service providers to verify on an ongoing basis that your registration data is accurate and that the representations and warranties in Section 2 above addressing legal matters such as complaints, arrests, sex offender status, etc. are also true ("Verification Checks"). These third parties may use data from a variety of sources, under a variety of circumstances, for these site safety purposes including, without limitation, information from national criminal databases, sex offender registries, certain media streams, terrorist watch lists, criminal and fugitive watch lists, fraud watch lists, law enforcement reports, and other data.
You agree that Penrose Check-In Services may take such action in response to Verification Checks as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion, including without limitation suspending and/or terminating your membership, should it determine that you have violated any representation or warranty or any other provision of these Terms or are otherwise unsuitable for Penrose Check-In Services.
You also hereby represent, understand and expressly agree that Penrose Check-In Services does not have control over or assume any responsibility for the quality, accuracy, or reliability of the information included in a Verification Check. We do not typically communicate the results of a Verification Check to any third party, though we reserve the right to do so for law enforcement or other safety-related purposes in accordance with applicable laws.
BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, AND, IF APPLICABLE TO YOU AS A CARE PROVIDER SUBJECT TO YOUR ADDITIONAL AUTHORIZATION, YOU AGREE TO ALLOW PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES TO PERFORM THE VERIFICATION CHECKS DESCRIBED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THESE VERIFICATION CHECKS TO BE PERFORMED, YOU SHOULD NOT USE PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES.
Penrose Check-In Services reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately terminate your access to all or part of the Penrose Check-In Services Site and/or Services, to remove your profile and/or any content posted by or about you from the Site, and/or to terminate your account with Penrose Check-In Services, with or without notice for any reason or no reason in its sole discretion, including without limitation if Penrose Check-In Services should determine that you are not eligible to use the Services, have violated any terms stated herein or in any of the Additional Terms, are not suitable for participation as a Registered User, have mis-used or mis-appropriated Site content, including but not limited to use on a "mirrored," competitive, or third-party site. Upon termination, Penrose Check-In Services shall be under no obligation to provide you with a copy of any content posted by or about you on the Site. If we terminate your registration, we have no obligation to notify you of the reason, if any, for your termination.
Following any termination of any individual's use of the Site or the Services, Penrose Check-In Services reserves the right to send a notice thereof to other Registered Users with whom we believe the individual has corresponded. Our decision to terminate an individual's registration and/or to notify other Registered Users with whom we believe the individual has corresponded does not constitute, and should not be interpreted or used as information bearing on, the individual's character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living.
- LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
Links from the Site to external sites (including external sites that are framed by Penrose Check-In Services) or inclusion of advertisements and other third-party content do not constitute an endorsement by Penrose Check-In Services of such sites or the content, products, advertising and other materials presented on such sites or of the products and services that are the subject of such third-party content, but are for users' reference and convenience.
Users access them at their own risk. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the content and usefulness of the information obtained from other sites. Penrose Check-In Services does not control such sites, and is not responsible for their content.
- PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
In order to utilize some Penrose Check-In Services, the user of such Services or offerings must pay Penrose Check-In Services either a recurring subscription, one-time, or other fees. In addition, the user is responsible for any state or local sales taxes associated with the Services or product offerings purchased.
Penrose facilitates service provider compensation using PayPal® to the email on file. Payments are processed 45 days after the last day of services provided, which allows for any needed reconciliation: providers are charged $30 for each visit they do not complete within the month scheduled.
7.1 Billing and Payment
If you sign up for a Penrose Check-In Services paid membership subscription, you agree to pay Penrose Check-In Services all subscription charges associated with the plan you subscribe to as described on the Site at the time you subscribe and provide your payment information. You also authorize Penrose Check-In Services, or a third-party payment processor that works on our behalf, to charge your chosen payment method according to the terms of the plan to which you subscribe. The subscription period and the amount and frequency of the charges will vary depending on the subscription plan you select. Penrose Check-In Services reserves the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.To the extent you elect to purchase other Services or product offerings we may offer for a fee, you authorize Penrose Check-In Services to charge your chosen payment provider for the Services you purchase. You agree that if Penrose Check-In Services already has your credit card on file as a result of prior purchases you have made, we may charge that credit card for the additional Services/products you purchase.
Penrose facilitates service provider compensation using PayPal® to the email on file. Payments are processed 45 days after the last day of services provided, which allows for any needed reconciliation: providers are charged $30 for each visit they do not complete within the month scheduled.
7.2 Automatic Subscription Renewal and Cancellation
PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES PAID MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTIONS WILL CONTINUE INDEFINITELY UNTIL CANCELLED BY THE USER. AFTER YOUR INITIAL SUBSCRIPTION COMMITMENT PERIOD, AND AGAIN AFTER ANY SUBSEQUENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW FOR AN ADDITIONAL EQUIVALENT PERIOD AS THE SUBSCRIPTION TERM YOU ORIGINALLY SELECTED AND AT THE SUBSCRIPTION RATE AND FREQUENCY DISCLOSED TO YOU ON THE SITE WHEN YOU ORIGINALLY SUBSCRIBED, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED AT THE TIME YOU SUBSCRIBED. IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A PAYMENT PLAN THAT ALLOWS YOU TO BE CHARGED MONTHLY OVER THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD AND YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION DURING THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO BE BILLED FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION ON A MONTHLY BASIS UNTIL ITS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED EXPIRATION DATE.
You may cancel your paid membership subscription at any time by following the instructions on your account settings page or contacting Penrose Check-In Services's customer service department service@PenroseCheckIn.com. If you cancel your subscription, you typically will be permitted to use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term. Your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires, but your payment method will be charged, and you will be required to pay, any cancellation or other fees associated with your early termination and disclosed to you at the time you signed up for the subscription plan.
7.3. Refund Policy
Except as set forth in these Terms or as described on the Site at the time you make a purchase, all payments for services/products are non-refundable for services performed. Refunds are applied for services not performed during the subscription period and are paid with 30-days. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid membership subscription that is automatically renewed, we will refund the most recent charge to your credit card if: (i) you have not used your subscription during the current subscription renewal period and (ii) you downgrade or cancel your membership and request a refund of the most recent charge to your credit card within thirty (30) days of the most recent charge. Any such refunds will apply only to the most recent charge, regardless of how such refund request is made, for example, whether to Penrose Check-In Services or to your credit card company. Penrose Check-In Services reserves the right to immediately downgrade or cancel your membership after payment of your refund. Penrose Check-In Services does not provide refunds or credits under any other circumstances, unless it determines in its sole discretion that a refund or credit is warranted due to extenuating circumstances.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR CONDUCT AND DISPUTES
Penrose Check-In Services is not an employer of Service Providers. Service Seekers may seek the services of a Service Provider through the use of the Site or Services, and Service Providers may post profiles and submit proposals to Service Seekers regarding their services.
By using this Site or our Services, you hereby represent, understand, and expressly agree to hold Penrose Check-In Services harmless for any claim or controversy that may arise out of the actions of or relationship between you and any Service Seeker, Service Provider or other user(s) of the Site. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with Service Seekers, Service Providers or other users of the Site or the Services, particularly if you decide to meet offline. By using the Site or the Services, you agree to report any alleged improprieties of any users therein to Penrose Check-In Services immediately by notifying Penrose Check-In Services of the same via electronic correspondence.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS
Penrose Check-In Services is intended for people 18 or over. Should we determine that you do not meet the age requirements for using our Site or Services, your registration will be terminated immediately.
- DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATIONS; WAIVERS; INDEMNIFICATION
10.1. No Warranty
The information and materials contained on the Site, including text, graphics, information, links or other items are provided "as is," "as available." Further, opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by Penrose Check-In Services, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES DOES NOT: (1) WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS INFORMATION AND MATERIALS; (2) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES; (3) WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, FREE FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (4) GIVE ANY WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND OTHER TERMS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR THE LAW OF EQUITY AND DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS INFORMATION AND MATERIALS.
IN ADDITION, AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REGARDING THE SUITABILITY OF ANY USER OF OUR SITE TO PROVIDE SERVICES AS A PROVIDER OR TO EMPLOY THE SERVICES OF A PROVIDER.
10.2. Assumption of Risk
You assume all risk when using the Site and the Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with users of the Site or the Services.
10.3. Limitation of Liability
Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. In no event will Penrose Check-In Services be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to the use or inability to use the Site or Services, including without limitation damages related to any information received from the Site or Services, removal of content from the Site, including profile information, any email distributed to any user or any linked web site or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any termination of your subscription or ability to access the Site or Services, failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if Penrose Check-In Services, or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR YOUR ACCOUNT, OR, IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES FOR THE USE OF ANY SERVICES, THE AMOUNT OF $25.00.
No Liability for non-Penrose Check-In Services Actions. IN NO EVENT WILL PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR ANY AGREEMENT OR RELATIONSHIP FORMED USING THE SITE OR SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANYONE'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES OR WHO ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD OR HARM YOU.
In addition to the preceding paragraphs of this section and other provisions of these Terms, any advice that may be posted on the Site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, or other advice. Penrose Check-In Services makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Site. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
- COPYRIGHT NOTICES / COMPLAINTS
It is Penrose Check-In Services's policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). If you believe any materials accessible on or from our Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from the Site by contacting Penrose Check-In Services's copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
Penrose Check-In Services's agent for copyright issues relating to this Site is as follows:
Penrose Check-In Services, LLC; 6333 E. Mockingbird Lane, #147-468; Dallas, TX 75214
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, Penrose Check-In Services maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of Members and other users of this Site who are repeat infringers.
- AGREEMENT TO ARIBITRATE
12.1. Agreement to Arbitrate
This Section 12 is referred to in these Terms as the "Arbitration Agreement". Unless you opt-out in accordance with the opt-out procedures set forth in Section 12.8 below, you agree that all claims relating to or arising out of these Terms or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise that have arisen or may arise between you and Penrose Check-In Services or a Penrose Check-In Services Affiliate, whether relating to these Terms (including any alleged breach thereof), the Services, the Site, or otherwise, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
12.2. Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief
YOU AND PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION, ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES EXPRESSLY AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS AGAINST PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER PENROSE CHECK-IN SERVICES USERS. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provision set forth above shall be deemed null and void in its entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
12.3. Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution
Penrose Check-In Services is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently. So before you commence arbitration, we suggest that you contact us to explain your complaint, as we may be able to resolve it without the need for arbitration. You may contact us via email at service@PenroseCheckIn.com.
12.4. Arbitration Procedures
If we cannot resolve a Claim informally, any Claim either of us asserts will be resolved only by binding arbitration and not in courts of general jurisdiction. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS that are in effect at the time the arbitration is initiated (collectively referred to as the "JAMS Rules"), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement, and excluding the JAMS Class Action Procedures. For information on JAMS, please visit its website, https://www.jamsadr.com/. Information about JAMS's Rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the JAMS consumer arbitration page, https://www.jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration/. If there is any inconsistency between the JAMS Rules and this Arbitration Agreement, the terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Terms as a court would, including without limitation, the limitation of liability provisions in Section 10. Although arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings, the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under the Terms and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
To commence an arbitration against Penrose Check-In Services, you must write a demand for arbitration that includes a description of the dispute and the amount of damages sought to be recovered. You can find a copy of a Demand for Arbitration at www.jamsadr.com. You should send three copies of the Demand, plus the appropriate filing fee, to JAMS at 500 North State College Blvd., Suite 600, Orange, CA 92868, and send one copy to Penrose Check-In Services at Penrose Check-In Services, attn: Legal Department, 6333 E. Mockingbird Lane, #147-468, Dallas, TX 75214. For more information, see the JAMS arbitration rules and forms, https://www.jamsadr.com/rules-download/. You may represent yourself in the arbitration or be represented by an attorney or another representative. Once we receive your arbitration claim, we may assert any counterclaims we may have against you.
The arbitration shall be held in Dallas, TX. If the value of the relief sought is $5,000 or less you or Penrose Check-In Services may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on you and Penrose Check-In Services subject to the arbitrator's discretion to require an in-person hearing, if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at any in-person hearing may be made by telephone by you and/or Penrose Check-In Services, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all claims relating to or arising out of this contract, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise and all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Terms, including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of these Terms are void or voidable, or whether a claim is subject to arbitration. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator's award shall be written, and binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Penrose Check-In Services users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same Penrose Check-In Services user to the extent required by applicable law.
12.5. Costs of Arbitration
Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the "Arbitration Fees") will be governed by the JAMS Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Agreement to Arbitrate. Each party will be responsible for all other fees it incurs in connection with the arbitration, including without limitation, all attorney fees. In the event the arbitrator determines the claim(s) you assert in the arbitration to be frivolous, you agree to reimburse Penrose Check-In Services for all fees associated with the arbitration paid by Penrose Check-In Services on your behalf that you otherwise would be obligated to pay under the JAMS rules.
All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
12.7. Future Changes to this Arbitration Agreement
Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, you and we agree that if we make any change to this Arbitration Agreement (other than a change to any notice address or website link provided herein) in the future, such change shall not be effective until at least 60 days from the date of posting, and shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against Penrose Check-In Services prior to the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this Arbitration Agreement from these Terms, such termination shall not be effective until 30 days after the version of these Terms not containing the Arbitration Agreement is posted to the Site, and shall not be effective as to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against Penrose Check-In Services prior to the effective date of removal.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms, and all claims relating to or arising out of this contract, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, including Texas's statutes of limitations governing your claim, without giving effect to its principles of conflicts of law, provided that the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of Section 13, the Arbitration Agreement.
Unless you and we agree otherwise, in the event that the Arbitration Agreement is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute (except for small-claims court actions), either as a result of your decision to opt-out of the Arbitration Agreement or as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, you agree that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and Penrose Check-In Services must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in Dallas, State of Texas. You and Penrose Check-In Services agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Dallas, State of Texas for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as making either party the partner, joint venturer, agent, legal representative, employer, contractor or employee of the other. Neither party shall have, or hold itself out to any third party as having any authority to make any statements, representations or commitments of any kind, or to take any action, that shall be binding on the other, except as provided for herein or authorized in writing by the party to be bound. The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any term or provision of these Terms shall in no way effect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other term or provision of these Terms. Each Affiliate (as defined in Section 1.2) is expressly made a third party beneficiary of this Agreement and may enforce this Agreement directly against you. This Agreement will be binding on and will inure to the benefit of the legal representatives, successors and assigns of the parties hereto.
If a court decides that any term or provision of these Terms other than Section 13.2 is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and these Terms shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court decides that any of the provisions of Section 13.2 are invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of Section 13 shall be null and void. The remainder of the Terms will continue to apply.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions or need further information as to the Site or Services provided by Penrose Check-In Services, or need to notify Penrose Check-In Services as to any matters relating to the Site or Services please contact Penrose Check-In Services at:
Penrose Check-In Services, LLC
6333 E. Mockingbird Lane, #176-468
Dallas, TX 75214